Engineering/Manufacturing Electronics Assembly Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Engineering/Manufacturing Electronic Assembly Technician's primary duty is to assemble, rework, upgrade and modify complex new-design engineering and pre-production avionics products to required specifications or instructions. Responsibilities include electronic and electro-mechanical assembly to build prints and/or work instructions. The Engineering/Manufacturing Assembly Technician will partner with engineering to enable effective manufacturing processes and ensure new product's readiness for volume manufacture.
- Hand assembly and rework to circuit card assemblies, major sub-assemblies and top-level unit assemblies
- Proficient in the use of standard electronic manufacturing equipment and tools
- Capability in the mechanical assembly/dis-assembly of complex engineering development products
- Provide input to assembly and rework instructions for new products
- Maintain product assembly records in quality data tracking system
- Ensure product compliance and quality
- Attend and participate in team meetings
Associate degree in an electronics technology discipline from an accredited university or college
High School Diploma / GED with at least two years of electronic soldering and assembly experience
- Extensive experience with soldering and assembly of complex analog and digital circuits
- Familiarization with electronic components
- Able to read and understand technical documentation such as build prints, work instructions and parts lists
- Experience using hand tools for electronics assembly and rework
- Capable of achieving and maintaining certification in IPC 610 & J-STD soldering specifications
- Familiar with Electric Static Discharge precautions
- Ability to work under minimum supervision by being motivated and a self-starter
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and PDF Viewers.
- Experience running surface mount (SMT) assembly line
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 5 Oct 2021
Closes 3 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer