Senior Lean Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
- Develop and manage processes that enable the implementation of lean in a high mix/low volume manufacturing facility.
- Finalize initial layout of our new facility, ensuring flexibility for many changes to come to support our vision of solving customer problems
- Facilitate implementation of a daily management system
- Delivers lean trainings and facilitates events / workouts to achieve measurable improvements.
- Serve as a champion, coach, mentor for change by influencing and guiding leadership and teams to better understanding and adopt lean principles, and problem solving methodologies, ultimately fostering a culture of change and servant leadership.
- Lead the planning and execution of Hoshin Kanri deployment process, kaizens, and other lean transformation initiatives focused on safely eliminating waste, creating velocity, and reducing lead times, through the application of standard work. Support the adherence of kaizen standard work ensuring high levels of engagement and collaboration during pre-work, event week, and post event weeks.
- Training and coaching all associated via formal training and Gemba walks on problem solving behaviors and basic lean methodologies including visual management, 5S, Standardized work, and leader standard work. Analyze data and use value stream mapping to create future state lean designs. Build cross functional relationships within the value stream to build trust and gain the privilege of challenging the current state. Strong understanding of change management to build momentum and excitement for operational changes across the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline. ( or a high school diploma / GED with at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing developing lean or continuous improvement strategies)
- 3+ years of experience in teaching, coaching, practicing, and applying lean methods (i.e., VSM, Cell design, 3P, TPM, 5S, set up reduction, kaizen, standard work, leader standard work, problem solving, Kanban and lean transformations
- Strong communication, leadership, facilitation, and project management skills with the ability to speak effectively with various audiences.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Oct 2021
Closes 31 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager