Control System & Simulation Engineer - Advanced Technologies
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Successful entry-level and early career GE control systems engineers possess a diversity of educational backgrounds including, but not limited to: electrical, aerospace, mechanical, software, systems, and controls engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Control Systems & Simulation Engineer, you will:
- Participate in all facets of the systems engineering process - system architecture, systems engineering, and project management
- Collaborate with internal teams and external customers to define and formalize system, hardware, software, simulation, and human integration requirements
- Execute and deliver representative verification environments for customer integration
- Apply GE best practices and design standards
- Model systems to a level of fidelity and degree of accuracy consistent with the model's intended usage
- Integrate simulations on site and at customer facilities within project timelines
- Present results to internal (GE) and external (airframer, government, ...) customers
- Collaborate effectively in a diverse, global, distributed work environment
Additionally, you will responsible to continually mature your personal and professional development through training opportunities, mentorship, and formal career path definition.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university + minimum of 3 years of systems, control systems, software, modelling, or test system experience
- Highly-motivated, self-starting, and passionate
- Exceptional communication skills and willingness to continually improve communication and influencing skills in more-distributed work environments
- Experience modelling system behavior in Simulink, NPSS, or other programming languages
- Experience working in hardware-in-the-loop simulation environments
- Coding experience in MATLAB, python, C/C++, SCADE, VBA, etc.
- Control system design experience
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated team leadership, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Project planning and project management experience
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Oct 2021
Closes 31 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Air traffic control