GE Aviation - Product Quality and Materials Application Engineering Intern - Summer 2022
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Job Description Summary:
Are you a hands-on engineer who enjoys producing a product you can take pride in? Do you have a passion for aerospace? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team of the best and brightest in aviation?
Are you excited about working with titanium and super alloy forgings and understanding how they are manufactured and applied to turbomachinery?
A great way to immerse yourself in aerospace forgings is to become an intern supporting the Product Quality and Materials Applications engineers at GE Aviation.
- Provide daily engineering support to the engineering team (product quality/materials applications) in laboratory and analytical activities.
- Utilize laboratory evaluation tools and data collection/analytical software to support and improve manufacturing processes.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements to improve product quality, increase throughput, and reduce manufacturing costs
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools to identify process waste and to support decision-making processes
- Support plans related to manufacturing changes and collaborate with various functions to drive action and project closure
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA off a 4.0 scale without rounding
- Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program; in an Engineering or related field
- Due to access to export-controlled information, you must be one of the following: (1) US Citizen or national; (2) US permanent resident; (3) Person granted refugee status; (4) Person granted asylee status or Beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, or (5) other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Skilled at Excel, or Tableau, or Python or other data analysis tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
- Boeing V-22 Osprey
Posted 2 Oct 2021
Closes 31 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control