GE Aviation Computational EM & Design Engineering Co-op - Spring 2022
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
- Execute with guidance from senior engineer resources the RCS analysis, design, test, and product integration support activities required to define and support the Engineering Design to ensure the RCS requirements are met.
- Conduct RCS analysis using company proprietary prediction codes and meshing tools
- Prepare and present technical RCS data to internal customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Prefer candidates actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA off a 4.0 scale without rounding
- Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
- Willingness and ability to work in Cincinnati, OH - Not a Remote position
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College
- Some fundamental understanding of Electromagnetics related to RCS design of inlet / exhaust engine components
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs (such as UG, Patran, etc)
- Familiarity with radar measurement techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to take on a new task and work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
- Individual shows aptitude towards continuous learning
- Knowledge of numerical methods with focus on integral equations and partial differential equation methods
- Demonstrated computer programming skills in C++, FORTRAN, and parallel computers
- Knowledge of linear algebra for developing equation solvers and understanding of optimization methods.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
- Boeing V-22 Osprey
Posted 2 Oct 2021
Closes 31 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer