Full-Stack Software Developer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide full-stack support of existing web applications including customer support, training, investigating issues, and implementing technical solutions using modern and legacy web technologies.
- Develop new solutions that cover the full project lifecycle including gathering customer requirements, implementing technical solutions, managing stakeholders, deploying the solution, training users, and providing long-term support.
- Maintain and improve upon application infrastructure and codebase.
- Facilitate data integrations between finance, project management, and supplier management tools to ensure data accuracy.
- Prototype data analytics and visualizations using data from multiple internal business systems using tools like Excel, Minitab, Dataiku, and Spotfire.
- Facilitate feedback on existing processes and tools to drive continuous improvement.
- Evaluate viability of process improvement ideas by conducting cost benefit analysis, conducting change impact analysis, and assessing organizational change readiness.
- Continuously build upon knowledge of business processes and underlying data.
- Keep up with changes in technology and development best practices and assess opportunities to use them to build on our capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- This role is restricted to U.S. Citizens due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Centos/RHEL Linux OS
- SQL databases (Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Development experience with the full technology stack of web applications, including databases, back-end and front-end application development
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages
- An understanding and experience in project management and/or technical leadership
- Inquisitive, keen to learn new skills & and share knowledge
- Good communication, organizational and time management
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment technologies and practices
- History of developing applications with a focus on user experience
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of data science techniques and tools like Dataiku and Spotfire
- Able to apply critical thinking and make trade-off decisions
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Oct 2021
Closes 31 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT