Inspector (3rd shift)
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
This person is designated by the certificated repair station and is responsible for and has the authority over all repair station operations that are conducted under part 145, including ensuring that repair station personnel follow the regulations and serving as the primary contact with the FAA.
- Ensures that the quality plan is followed through in unit.
- Technical liaison between engineering and quality technicians.
- Recommends appointment or deletion of repairmen/inspectors.
- Ensures individual customer requirements are followed.
- Oversees operation of receiving inspection, layout, evaluation, final, Hydro and FPI to assure compliance to Elano policy and procedures.
- Implement process improvement teams to reduce or improve process capabilities.
- Able to practically apply fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Able to apply algebra, geometric construction and essentials of trigonometry.
- Able to apply descriptive statistical concepts to practical applications of statistical process control (SPC).
- Able to apply variety of principles to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations were limited standardization exists.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form (including ANSI Specs.)
- Able to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to read and understand technical journals, abstracts, and mechanical drawings.
- Able to accurately prepare business memos, summaries, reports, and presentations using a prescribed and/or organized format.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 5 years experience in manufacturing and/or quality or Aerospace
- Capable of interpreting service manuals, blueprints and related documents
- Proven Leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Certified repairman or A&P Licensee
- Positive attitude and ambition to advance in skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Hydro, Layout, and FPI inspections
- Demonstrated personal computer skills
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
- Makes decisions based on experience and available data
- History of providing quality products or services
- Accurately completes paperwork
- Strives to meet or exceed job requirements
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Presents a professional business appearance and attitude
- Maintains records, written and computerized, in a well-organized manner
- Willing to work extended hours
- Strong team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in or be willing to take training in the following Basic Safety courses:
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) GEAE000701â€" given during New Hire Orientation
- Chemical Hazard (Hazcom-General) GEAE00023Câ€" given during New Hire Orientation
(Note: Employees hired prior to 1996 were given PPE and Basic Hazcom training by EH&S)
- Chemical Hazard (Hazcom-Specific) GEAE00058Aâ€" web-based training taken after moving into new work area
- Able to lift and exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally
- Able to work in an area where there is moderate noise intensity (85 to 8-9 dBa).
- Able to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust, fumes, oil, or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels).
- Mandatory/Random drug testing
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offe
- Full time
Posted 1 Oct 2021
Closes 30 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer