Sub-Section Manager - Project Management
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
We're the people who pioneered metal additive from design to full production. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines, and quality powders, we are empowering our customers to build innovative new products and transform their businesses and industries. These products solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes, and help change the world for the better.
A leader owning customer/partner programs to productionize applications in metal additive technologies from first parts, to pilot line, to full production implementation.
Focused on program execution, this role drives initiatives to improve the effectiveness of the Engineering functions and interfaces highly cross functionally within GE Additive and our customer/partners. Provides effective coordination of metrics, dashboards, functional processes, and cross-functional initiative coordination. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization (feedback into process and hardware upstream development) and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Come join the additive revolution and be a part of the team meeting the cost, quality, and scale needed in automotive and industrial production. Among our new technologies, binder jet technology is helping shape the future of powertrains and mobility structures.
The design freedom of additive allows you to make geometries you simply could not with traditional means. This will allow for more efficient internal combustion infrastructures and paves the way for applications enabling the energy transition into the future... fuel cells, battery cooling, e-motors, and hydrogen infrastructures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing engineering / technology projects. Interfaces with internal/external customers to ensure organization resource allocation is made. Accountable to deliver the scope of work to the original cost estimate. Manages schedule, budget and integration of NPI and/or requisition projects, including influencing the projects to meet customer CTQs and hit tollgate milestones. Project is often a component of a program.
- Typically a 1st line manager of professionals or a 2nd line manager of a professional department. Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Project Management. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum nu
- Full time
Posted 1 Oct 2021
Closes 30 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager