Turbine Airfoils Data & Analytics Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Greenville, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Finds and interprets data sources, manages large amounts of data, merges data sources together, ensures consistency of data-sets, creates visualizations to aid in understanding data, and communicates insights / findings in simplified way to reach people who not understand complex statistics
• Inputs and influence over decisions within own discipline and area
• Developed strong communication and diplomacy skills
• Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional
• Primary focus is within the direct organization / function
• Presents project plans, technical roadmaps, risks, and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams
• Complex decision making ability; influences decision making with external parties
• Deep technical expertise within field of Information Technology
• Viewed internally and externally as a specialist within the discipline
• Work closely with the Product owner to understand reporting needs
• Prioritize reporting needs working the product owner
• Prioritize, prototype, design, build, test and deploy analytics models and scorecards in agile methodology
• Develop technical expertise in SAP Hana and related reporting platform and evangelize adoption of self-service reporting
• Develop ETL solution from the various source systems into the analytics platforms/staging area
• Develop communication, training and change management deliverables required to increase adoption
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum of 6 years experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Established project management skills
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 30 Sep 2021
Closes 30 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager