- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
Within this role, they will apply their environmental knowledge and expertise to
solve problems, develop & execute objectives while having the ability to
effect short & long term compliance and business goals.
In addition, the Environmental Leader will:
- Implement / modify related environmental programs and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed regulations.
- Supervise and assist contractors on related issues.
- Modify and implement compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems.
- Develop and provide education programs related to specific disciplines.
- Provide and determine alternatives for issue resolution.
- Provide expert advice, guidance, and direct assistance to ensure site compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations, guidelines, and permit requirements.
- Utilize Lean & Six Sigma rigors to evaluate chemical / treatment costs and wastes to develop pro-active strategies to minimize hazardous waste and treatment costs, while ensuring treatment efficiency for compliance.
- Manage all wastewater operations as Chief Wastewater Operator.
- identify preventative maintenance required and assure that the system is operating to its maximum capability.
- Interface with production operations to review impact of wastewater changes with respect to EHS issues (disposal, treatment, exposure).
- Lead environmental change management to ensure changes to EHS issues are pro-actively identified and addressed prior to implementation.
- Ensure compliance with spill prevention rules and regulations (SPCC), air permits, wastewater permits, storm water permits (SWPP), waste management regulations (RCRA), toxic substance control act (TSCA), and waste export permits.
- Complete all environmental reports such as but not limited to TRI, Tier II, AEI, and waste.
- Develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 3 years of experience in environmental management or equivalent field.
- 3 years of EHS experience
- Proven track record of strong project management performance in environmental management or consulting
- Staff direct report experience including all facets of team building, HR management, performance evaluations, and junior staff mentoring/training
- Experience in environmental permits, compliance, and due diligence
- Experience in pushing projects through regulatory programs and negotiating closure with regulators
- Sub-contractor coordination including bid spec development, contracting and insurance/safety review, project award and field supervision
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 30 Sep 2021
Closes 30 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager