Power Engineer - Testing
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Test Engineer will communicate business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long- term business goals
In particular, you will :
• Support new programs with inputs for testability and maintainability early in the design cycle
• Provide the technical knowledge to rapidly prototype test equipment to meet new
requirements and test needs
• Support technical personnel in all aspects of engineering verification and validation
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an engineering position related to electrical power generation systems
- Familiarity with power electronics, electric motors, and electric power conversion concepts
- Experience with high speed / high power motor and gearbox systems
- Background and understanding in aircraft power systems, including generation, conversion, distribution, and aircraft load
- Prior work experience in aerospace power generation / conversion products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Ability to coordinate small projects
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 27 Sep 2021
Closes 26 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Testing