Sterling Mechanic Assistant
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Sterling, Alaska, United States
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment, produce quality results, help control costs, meet production requirements, and develop job knowledge and manufacturing skills.
- Comply with and support all GE and Site policies.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, sanding, and material handling equipment.
- Keep all machinery, tools, and work area clean.
- Read and complete forms and generate meaningful reports and charts.
- Read, interpret and follow Mechanical manuals or written procedures / directions
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Perform a variety of support functions such as warehouse, material handling / movement and area housekeeping.
- High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 1 year of Mechanical experience.
- Ability and willingness to work on an off shift; flexible for various shift assignments and overtime.
- Ability and willingness to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds. Non-repetitive and occasionally lift over 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability and willingness to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust or fumes (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels-PEL)
- Employment will be contingent on the successful participation and compliance within the FAA and/or DOT drug pool
- Mechanical experience in a manufacturing and/or aerospace environment.
- Prior education and/or experience with nondestructive testing techniques: ET, MT, PT & UT
- Prior experience involving C-130J Hardware.
- Vocational training in wood working, automotive, composites, aerospace, hydraulics or similar experience.
- Prior commercial or industrial painting experience
- Manual dexterity to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Energetic and positive attitude to excel in skills and knowledge.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history.
- History of meeting or exceeding job requirements.
- History of accepting or giving constructive criticism; communicates clearly and effectively and works well in a team environment
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Ability or willingness to take classes in Team Building, undergo on-the-job training to learn specific skills / tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in and take training on Basic Safety courses (PPE, Chemical Hazard, Evacuation & Emergency Training, etc.)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 15 Sep 2021
Closes 15 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic