Electrical and Controls Engineer
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound Systems Engineering methodology while adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
Own the design, delivery, integration, and troubleshooting of electrical systems and modules for industrial machines
- Development, delivery, and troubleshooting of controls logic for designed electrical systems and modules for industrial machines
Participate on integrated, multi-disciplinary design teams and interface with the product owners and team leads to understand system requirements
- Translate engineering requirements into hardware specifications, electrical schematics, controls logic, and release for manufacture
- Interface with and manage vendors and sub-contractors to manufacture designed products, control logic, and to certify electrical components
- Document generated technical data consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- At least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position
- Experience with high & low voltage electrical systems and the design of industrial control panels
- Dexterity to evaluate, recommend, and implement technical solutions based on industrial standard or accepted technical best practices for industrial control panel
- Familiar with PLC systems, B&R Hardware, and programming (Automation software - B&R Industrial Automation), and regulatory agencies (UL, CE, etc)
- Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate, and apply new information and concepts on new and upcoming technology. Performing bench test with some level of expertise around programming
- Familiarity with industrial standards (NFPA 79, UL 508, PLC Safety, IEC 60204 etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Creative problem identification and solution skills. Ability to manage and prioritized tasks to meet long term project schedules with minimal supervision. Proven analytical and organizational ability. Experience in industrial equipment design and integration.
- To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for
- Full time
Posted 15 Sep 2021
Closes 15 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer