Senior Sales Director - ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
We're the people who pioneered metal additive from design to full production. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines, and quality powders, we are empowering our customers to build innovative new products and transform their businesses and industries. These products solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes, and help change the world for the better.
The Senior Sales Director leads the functional area of sales for GE Additive in their geographic region, converts leads & opportunities to orders, builds relationships, develops key account plans & strategy, grows pipeline funnel, and drives change for commercial growth & success. This position reports to the Americas Sales Leader for GE Additive.
- Responsible for the overall leadership and day-to-day management of the GE Additive sales in the respective region or across specific industry segments
- Solicit new business and / or retain and penetrate existing business to drive growth and income, and be responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships within GE or with external stakeholders
- Execute on assigned operating plan and financial targets to assure that the business wins profitable sales through closing deals compliantly and positioning on Value Propositions.
- Meet or exceed operational requirements aligned with Sales team effectiveness: territory/segment analytics, customer engagements frequency, business reviews, and pursue commercial initiatives
- Provide leadership for sales to assigned segments and customers through the formulation and execution for strategies and plans that capitalize on the customer's strengths as supplemented by GE's products and services
- Build customer relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership at the assigned customers for sales and participate in negotiations as needed to close deals
- Help lead the additive revolution, unlocking human ingenuity and making the impossible possible
- Lead sales activities and work closely with the Product Line, Commercial Operations, Legal, Finance, Customer Service, Technical Sales, and Engineering functions to pursue and win opportunities across machines (DMLM, EBM, Binder Jet), powder, engineering consulting, and services portfolio
- Coordinate activities and provide leadership to establish individual sales strategies obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, and delivery
- Build book of business with strategic key customer accounts for long-term investment plans and commercial pipeline growth
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer voice
- Work with Technical Sales to develop project specific sales strategies for assigned customers aligned to their respective business models and Additive goals
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 7 or more years of consultative sales, technical consulting, and business development experience, preferably with Additive Manufacturing products and capital equipment
- Experience with sales planning, strategy, forecasting, CRM data quality management, and customer account management
- Willingness to travel extensively within
- Master's degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with highly technical products for candidates without Engineering degree
- Advanced Manufacturing or Supply Chain experience
- Expertise in automotive, medical, aerospace, or other industrial segments
- US Midwest location preferred. Open to all US
- Value-based Solution Selling - Creating strategic solutions for customers that add long term value to both the customer and GE Additive.
- Analysis/Problem Assessment - Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a knowledge base, relating and comparing data from different sources. Identify customer financial drivers / needs.
- Organizational Awareness - Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities. Strong coordination and influencing skills.
- Ability to utilize analytical software and sales tools (SFDC, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Full time
Posted 15 Sep 2021
Closes 15 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Airline sales