HP Turbine Airfoils Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Have high levels of interaction with and exposure to engineers from multiple disciplines, manufacturing & quality, and regularly exposed to commodity and industry experts.
- At least twice a year, with opportunities for more frequent, travel to the various manufacturing sites.
- Execute the engineering analysis and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles to improve manufacturability and technical robustness of assigned components.
- Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of engineering & manufacturing, analytical thinking, and technical experience to execute on technically complex projects to meet technical requirements and business goals under mentorship of senior engineers.
- Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration with field and industry experts.
- Explain information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in a design or analytical engineering role.
- Previous experience in design of Turbine Airfoils or other Superalloy components.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, especially of Turbine Airfoils.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Experience with Ansys and Unigraphics.
- Certification in ASME Y14 or practical experience with GD&T.
- Interest in being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions, while constantly learning and mentoring others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 Sep 2021
Closes 14 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer