Ceramic Process Development Engineer
- GE Aviation - 345 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete holistic material and process systems-level analysis of ceramic processes using structured problem-solving methods such as FMEAs, value stream maps etc to direct experiments resulting in creation and revision of SOPs, production work instructions, establishment of process controls, design for producibility guidelines etc
- Ensure and maintain safe ceramic processing working procedures and environment in partnership with laboratory EHS representative and program leaders
- Lead team in resolution of top technical and business risks associated with ceramic processes including creating project plans with cost/schedule as required as well as directing data analysis and experiments to reduce application-specific risks.
- Provide technical, horizontal team, and program leadership on complex issues related to ceramic processing technology and multigenerational program plans; proactively develop creative, customer focused solutions.
- Partner with the broader cross-functional program team and leadership to advise on process technologies with eye toward fulfilling short-term and long-term business goals.
- Partner with Supply Chain to ready the ceramic process supply base and resolve production and near production technology issues. Initiate and proactively participate in reviews to identify impending roadblocks and multi-disciplinary problems.
- Communicate significant developments with leadership and consult on investment and growth opportunities; Provide technical evaluation of proposed applications that meet business and program requirements.
- Mentor early career engineers in support of a talent pipeline.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in ceramic materials application and processing.
- Able to work in-person (not virtual) > 75% of the time with ability to travel between local sites
- US citizen or green card holder
- Masters or PhD in ceramic materials
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and indirect team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve technical and business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute programs / projects.
- Familiarity with FMEAs and Lean concepts
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 Sep 2021
Closes 14 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Product support