Field Service Engineer / Laser
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
GE Additive is a leading global 3D printing solutions innovator. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a better world.
Responsible for developing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with customer representatives, ensuring Customer Satisfaction, and maintaining all equipment models specific to a modality or modalities in the Americas Region.
This is a Field Support Role supporting customers throughout parts of the US, Central and South America as needed. Position will be based from a home office. Travel expectations are 75%. The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair laser additive manufacturing machines. These activities contribute to customer laser production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts, meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair Lase additive manufacturing machines.
• Perform total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
• Schedule all resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property.
• Work with Service and Additive engineering teams to resolve complicated mechanical, electrical, electronic, and /or process problems for customer Laser machines
• Help in all areas of site preparation (coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision.
• Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures.
• Competently communicate Laser machine status to engineers, customers, and management.
• Maintain effective quality systems and programs according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
• Responsibly complete all administration tasks on time (e.g., ensure timely completion of Service Bulletins and PMs inspections documentation for assigned accounts).
• Maintain daily interface with Customer technicians on equipment status issues, to ensure satisfaction of primary customers.
These activities contribute to the success of customer Laser production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts, meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards
• Associates degree and 2 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years field service or electrical / mechanic technician experience.
• Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques.
• Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process.
• Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information.
• Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology.
• Ability to communicate using English (or local language) to interface with clients.
• Demonstrated technical leadership ability.
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
• High work standards and quality.
• Shows Initiative and motivation.
• Plans and organizes work effectively.
• Excellent communication skills, listening skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer skills and deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion (e.g., influences rather than directs).
• Ensure timely work order closure using CMMS systems.
• Good oral, written communications skills and proficiency in English.
• Able to work well in a team environment.
• Customer relationship experience & skills.
• Able to work outside of the box to find creative solutions.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
Inclusion and Diversity:
GE Additive is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Additional Information GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and compe
- Full time
Posted 12 Sep 2021
Closes 12 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Tooling