Staff Engineer - Rotor Metallic Materials Application Engineer (MAE)
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
• Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements. Workscope will include material selection for new designs, troubleshooting of manufacturing issues at new-make and in repair, new material/process implementation, review of supplier processes, material test program planning, in addition to other technical tasks.
• Support and drive business strategy for improvement in special processes as they apply in primary processing (melting, conversion, forge & heat treatment) of rotor alloys across the rotating parts supply chain.
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
• Support to supply chain, attendance at audits and pre-production meetings
• Participate on business and industry teams supporting overall improvement in the application of special processes for critical rotating parts.
• Provide technical and strategic support to supply chain through attendance at audits/reviews and pre-production meetings.
• Define technical specifications and establish process limits.
• Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
• Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgy with a minimum 8 years of experience in material application, failure analysis or material behavior work.
• Willingness and ability to travel, as required
Desired Characteristics :
• Experience with aerospace or gas turbine industry manufacturing, quality systems and field support.
• Experience with primary processing (forge & heat treatment) of rotating part forgings.
• In depth understanding of metallurgy, manufacturing processes and inspections such as forging, heat treatment, macroetch and blue etch anodize inspection etc.
• In depth understanding of the supply chain
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and in teams
• Must have ability to work successfully in a team environment
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Must have desire to perform technical work
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 11 Sep 2021
Closes 11 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer