Lead Engineer - Rotor Material Systems
- GE Aviation - 345 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements. Workscope will include material selection for new designs, troubleshooting of manufacturing issues at new-make and in repair, new material/process implementation, review of supplier processes, material test program planning, in addition to other technical tasks.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Support to supply chain, attendance at audits and pre-production meetings
- Define technical specifications and establish process limits
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgy with a minimum 3 years of experience in material application, failure analysis or material behavior work.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required
- Experience with nickel and cobalt base superalloys, titanium alloys, and stainless steels. Experience with aerospace or gas turbine industry manufacturing, quality systems and field support.
- In depth understanding of metallurgy and material manufacturing processes such as forming, forging, heat treatment, welding, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in teams
- Must have ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Must have desire to perform technical work
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 11 Sep 2021
Closes 11 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Product support