LEAP Combustor Diffuser Nozzle Structures Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 345 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
The design engineer will work with a diverse team within the combustor diffuser nozzle module which consists of structures, combustor, and fuel nozzle design engineers. The team spans across the US and Poland. The design engineer has the opportunity to interface with a multifunctional diverse team across supply chain, engine systems, product support engineering, engine line program, and shop engineers.
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and support field issues and fixes for Combustor Diffuser Nozzle structures hardware.
- Support overhaul shop needs and lead repair efforts for structures hardware.
- New make manufacturing support which includes substantiating nonconforming hardware, improving the producibility of the parts, and supporting any quality issues.
- Work amongst diverse global team on a day to day basis.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 3-5 additional years of experience in an engineering position
- Mechanical engineering background
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Strategically prioritizes work
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- . Established project management skills.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 10 Sep 2021
Closes 10 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer