Sr Staff Technical Product Manager
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In this role, you will manage highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Model Based Definition (MBD), and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) solutioning. You will be responsible for partnering with program management, engineering, manufacturing, services, and sourcing functional partners to create a clear strategic direction for enhancing application capabilities and convey that vision to the architecture, build and/or operations team. You will lead the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Product Owners and Developers.
The role is accountable for:
- Applying cross-functional knowledge of Engineering, Supply Chain, Commercial and Service processes, into PLM/MBD tool capability to improve New Product Introduction (NPI), cycle times & downstream systems productivity. Accountable for the relationship with Business Subject Matter Experts (SME), and to provide strong guidance and influence on leaning business processes through effective adoption.
- Establish cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization to develop vision & roadmap and drive an actionable strategy for execution.
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure successful adoption and realization of value to the business.
- Manage the product backlog, assist business partners with prioritizing features driven by business outcomes.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects & technical teams in the planning and effective application of technical elements of change, and risk management principles where required.
- Develop user requirement specifications through translation of business capabilities and process. Translate unstructured or ambiguous requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrate expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
- Own the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
- Engage with the Technical team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
- Review and approve all process and technical documentation, ensuring it aligns with the overall business objective of the initiative and is in line with design standards.
- Partner with modalities in planning CRP & UAT cycles, reviewing test scripts & facilitating overall execution.
- Develop and deliver training material to the PLM/MBD install base on incremental releases and periodically as required.
- Provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization.
- Expert in Agile Methodology.
- Mentor Junior Team Members.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 11 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 13 years of professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Technical Program Management or DT/IT including strong functional and implementation knowledge of PLM/MBD functionalities such as Change Management, Configuration Management, 3DCAD/PMI
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government SECRET security clearance
- Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
- Eligibility Requirement:
- Permanent US Citizenship is required. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Deep technology, process, and domain expertise in improving product life cycle management process using Siemens' platform as an enabler for the Model Based Enterprise
- Define and/or influence strategy for Model Bas
- Full time
Posted 10 Sep 2021
Closes 10 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Product support