Engineering Finance Analyst
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the business cycle- 3 year plan, budget, forecasts at each level of the organization. Analyze the performance and propose action plans to improve profitability and cash generation as well as corrective action plans as needed.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Engineering finance responsibilities include: Controllership, Reporting & Analysis and Proposal Support.
- Support a wide range of contract types, from Cost Reimbursable to Fixed Firm Price to Time & Material.
- Responsibilities will include the full contract lifecycle for contract management: supporting the proposal process, setting up accounting once contract is awarded, and then managing costs throughout the contract performance period.
- Strong partnership with Engineering Operations on working through the systems and data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Finance).
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting Operations or Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Strong understanding of Aviation's Chart of Accounts, accounting & systems flow of data.
- Excellent command on MS Office Applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to identify new tools to streamline processes. Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 10 Sep 2021
Closes 10 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance