CMC Process Engineer - Thermal Process
- GE Aviation - 345 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
- Equipment - specification, qualifications, technical owner, TPM implementation, reliability engineering
- APQP process owner for assigned area of responsibility
- Tooling & Supplies - NPI development, design, test, life Cycle management, vendor management, yield improvements
- Process Improvements/Industrialization for existing and NPI processes
- Yield Improvement Projects - equipment, processes and tooling design
- Management of Change - process optimization and capacity analysis
- Training and Empowering of Technicians - supporting the team environment
- Consumable specification and capacity planning
- OEE - Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- PFMEA RPN reduction projects
- Driving root cause/corrective action (RCCA)
- Support lean activities with a Six Sigma mindset
- Drive APQP, NPI and MOC Activities in support of new and existing programs within assigned functional area. This includes coordinating activities between external and internal stakeholders
- Accountable for driving projects to ensure effective industrialization, lean, yield, cost, cycle & production improvements.
- Work boundlessly within the organization and the PE Team to ensure that policies and procedures are consistent
- Articulate progression of projects and/or programs to all facets of the business, including technicians, process engineers, site leadership & executive business leaders, ensuring efforts support business goals & objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned/as needed to support 24x7 manufacturing processes.
- Work to ensure consistent and timely communication between the different functions in the IPT, both internal and external to Asheville
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelors and/or or advanced degree in engineering and/or related technical field and/or 3+ years progressive experience related to manufacturing engineering
- Ceramic Engineering or Materials Science Engineering Degree preferred
- Composite Technical Track (CTT) program graduate and/or extensive proven track record & experience in CMC process manufacturing
- Ability to adapt to business needs & flexibility in changing priorities
- Strong mathematical, analytical, communication (written / oral) & presentation skills
- Proven history of sense of urgency in supporting production needs
- Proven track record of effective training & mentoring of others
- Strong acumen in cross functional communications & engagement
- LEAN manufacturing experience & passion
- Background in Composite (Polymer Matrix Composites and/or Ceramic Matrix Composites) processes, methods, design and/or manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in thermal processing of CMCs
- Proficiency in AutoCad and/or CAD/CAM/CAE such as Siemens NX
- Demonstrated ability to read engineering drawings / specifications and translate to manufacturing systems, programing and process development
- Willingness to work in a boundary-less fashion & within a team environment, partnering with both hourly & exempt employees in a highly collaborative work environment with can-do attitude.
- Willingness to work off-shift, respond to off-hours / on call / as needed in order to respond to equipment / process breakdown, issues, to minimize production disruption and ensure maximum equipment and process effectiveness.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Knowledge of safety agency regulations, ISO and/or quality procedures
- Experience working cohesively with Certifying Agents, Controlled Title Holders and/or Leadership teams
- Proven track record of engaged / collaborative leadership delivering results.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects with established project management skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard t
- Full time
Posted 9 Sep 2021
Closes 9 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer