Inspector (3rd Shift)
- GE Aviation - 345 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Tests for items such as dimensions, performance and mechanical characteristics. Records test data using statistical quality control procedures and prepares data in graph or chart form.
- Evaluates data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
- Suggests modifications of existing quality or production standards. Calibrates standard gauges.
- Performs assembly work, orders fixtures, coordinates router packets and issuing details.
- Analyzes non-conforming hardware and documentation using blueprints, CID's, MOSs, specifications, etc.
- Retains records and charts to identify nonconformance trends.
- Assists Engineering in determining root cause of problems.
- Dispositions parts for rework, re-inspections, submission to MRB, or scrap. Communicates non-conformance trends to engineering and appropriate managers.
- Assists Cell Leaders and Engineering Technicians in implementing corrective actions.
- Conducts follow-up audit of corrective actions to ensure institutionalization of fixes.
- Audits quality systems to ensure conformance to standards.
- Two years progressive experience as a manufacturing Inspector or
- Currently working as a Product Integrity Spec. I
- Already possess or is willing and able to undergo on-the-job training to learn the techniques specific to the assigned department (Final Inspection, Marking, PR Dispositioner, Airflow, Rivet). Willing and able to undergo written testing per existing Elano procedures.
- Successfully pass the Final Inspection Test.
- Successful completion of blueprint reading course (Interpreting Engineering Drawings)
- Able to use standard shop measuring devices. This includes micrometers, verniers, 10x Otoscope, shem stock, depth gages, plug, gages and comparator.
- Completed Six Sigma training
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Able to present ideas to others in both written and oral form
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 9 Sep 2021
Closes 9 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer