Fleet Engineer- Avionic Systems
- easyJet - 26 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
The Fleet Engineering Avionic Systems & Technical Library Team is part of the Fleet Technical Management department. The Avionics System & Technical Library Team comprises of 6 team members. You will be liaising with internal EZY departments and External vendors in order to full fill the EASA part M requirements including reduction of Maintenance and Modification costs following EasyJet's "Our Plan" strategy.
As the Fleet Engineer - Avionics, you will report into the Team Leader - Avionics and Technical Publications. You will be responsible for the Continued Airworthiness of easyJet's fleet as part of a team of Avionic Engineers.
You will be able to work cross functionally with all departments ensuring complete integration with company operating policy. You will establish and develop working relationships with aircraft, system/equipment manufacturers to ensure continued airworthiness to improve aircraft availability and system reliability whilst liaising with the Airworthiness Regulator's as required. The assessment and reaction of manufactures technical information will be monitored.
Your responsibilities will include the maintenance of easy Jet's Continuous Airworthiness obligations as required by EASA Part 'M', focusing on the maximisation of safety, reliability and value. You will ensure all aircraft and systems operate safely and efficiently, and will be responsible for managing the software configuration of systems on board easyJet's aircraft.
- Manage the software configuration of systems on board easyJet's aircraft.
- Provide trouble-shooting assistance to maintenance or external workshop for Aircraft-on-Ground (AOG), Out-of-Service (OOS) events or for specific requests.
- To develop procedures / work instructions to support troubleshooting activities or to resolve long term reliability issues.
- Assume responsibility for, and provide comprehensive assessment of all Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Vendor Bulletins, Service Information Letters, WISE Documents, Modification leaflets, and all other technical documentation applicable to easy Jet aircraft or Components.
- Produce Engineering Orders (job Instruction cards) or work instructions to accomplish the recommended course of action for the technical documents assessed.
- To interface with and / or provide assistance to any relevant department, either within Engineering or the wider easyJet business, for modification programmes, software updates or for specific requests.
- Provide assistance to other departments so as to ensure that the easyJet fleet remain in compliance with all Airworthiness Directives and Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Provide repetitive and recurrent defect analysis to support the company's Reliability and Maintainability programmes.
- Assume responsibility for, and ensure that all Occurrence and Audit reports are addressed in a timely manner.
- Establish and develop working relationships with aircraft, system and equipment manufacturers to ensure continued airworthiness and to improve aircraft availability and system reliability.
- Develop and enhance processes and procedures to ensure and improve aircraft availability, system reliability and Maintenance Programme Development.
- To represent easyJet at OEM and industry meetings to support the Technical Development of the Fleet.
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2021
Closes 8 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Product support