Engineering Technician - Aerothermal Technology Lab
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The GE Aviation Aerothermal Technology Labs are responsible for experimental evaluation of aerodynamic and thermodynamic performance on turbomachinery components in support of all GE Aviation engine programs, as well as, development of advanced aerothermal measurement techniques.
There are 3 primary functions in the Aerothermal Technology Labs:
- Early TRL aerodynamic performance evaluation using scaled simulations of fans, compressors, and turbines
- Early TRL evaluation of heat transfer and cooling performance of combustors, turbines, and exhaust components
- Development of advanced aero and thermodynamic experimental measurement techniques
In the role of Technician - Aerothermal Technology Lab, you will be responsible to work with engineers in component test evaluation efforts within the Aerothermal Technology Lab, with core responsibilities to include:
- Support design of pilot test apparatus
- Own the procurement, build-up, sealing, instrumentation, assembly and article preparation of lab test rigs
- Independently run lab tests and perform necessary data checks to ensure data quality
- Support hardware and software architecture of Data Acquisition Systems
- Interface with internal and external shops and vendors, internal functions, and facilities teams
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with test apparatus.
- Coordinate and work closely with teammates to execute lab team objectives
- Assist the staff contributor or manager in planning work activity for the organization.
- Ownership of development test documentation including facility, rig build, and data sets
- Associates Degree in a technical field (Comp Science, Aviation Maintenance, Math, Physics) or a high school diploma / GED with 1 year of relevant aviation or test experience.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted.
- Associates Degree in a technical field
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Demonstrated initiative
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Be willing and capable of working in a physical testing environment at various locations (on-site and off-site)
- Fluency in the English Language
- Working knowledge of aerothermal measurement techniques
- Experience with UG / Teamcenter or other solid modeling software
- Knowledge of mechanical design and assembly procedures
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2021
Closes 8 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic