Lead Engineer - Emerging Technologies
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
In this role, you will utilize engineering and manufacturing skills to solve problems and advance the art of additive technology through multiple hardware ownership, program management, and process expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptual or theoretical activities relating to identification and development, monitoring the productivity and reliability of new, conceptual, and untested technologies. To include work being done related to advance manufacturing works specifically around additive manufacturing.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline primarily around additive manufacturing, heat treatment and metallurgy. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Lead execution and development of process improvement design of experiments (DOEs).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in an engineering role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position (preferably in the field of additive manufacturing)
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Experience in additive manufacturing with preference in metal binder jet.
- Experience with setting up design of experiments and execution.
- Ability to adapt and execute in an ambiguous environment.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing work instructions and shop planning
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2021
Closes 8 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager