Project Leader - Advanced Technologies
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
In this role you will utilize both your technical skill and project leadership to achieve company funded objectives in both company funded R&D as well as Bids and Proposals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Project Leader will demonstrate leadership in communicating business, program, and process goals for as a new technology introduction specialist. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Be able to define critical to quality R&D goals with respect to internal and external customer needs
- Plan and execute projects using best practice in project management to achieve R&D objectives on cost and within set schedules
- Manage risks and opportunities to adapt to challenging projects in light of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, or ambiguity
- Technical communication through written proposals and presentations
- Define and analyze statements of work
- Generating Basis of Estimate for work scope
- Utilize best practices for TRL and MRL advancement to move projects from New Technology Introduction (NTI) into New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Develop and collaborate on electronics packaging technology roadmaps for analysis tools, thermal management, manufacturing technologies, and environmental robustness.
- Identify and protect GE intellectual property
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace / Aeronautical, Materials Science from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience in aerospace or industrial products
- Experience with military grade or rugged electronics
- Technical Data Assertion
- Export Control Tagging
- Ability to create clarity from ambiguous problems or situations
- Technical expertise beyond project management
- Engineering project leadership experience
- Strong research skills and experience in applying theoretical knowledge to solve industrial problems
- New technology development experience
- Proficiency in the use of standard materials laboratory test equipment and definition of material test methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service mindset with ability to adapt to change
- Six Sigma training or equivalent training
- Change management such as introducing agile project management to a team
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2021
Closes 8 Oct 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager