Lead Engineer - Performance Engineering
- GE Aviation - 247 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drives units and/or system level functional performance to deliver customer solutions. Defines and conducts testing of equipment and/or entire systems, identifying the best testing strategy and measurement system. Reports performance with respect to the guaranteed values in accordance with industry codes and standards. Participates in the research, design, development, and enhancement of technologies in the areas of performance, operability, and cost optimization. Can include delivery of customer solutions that properly balance cost and benefit (including architecture, key design trade-offs, flow-down of requirements and flow-up of capability).
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Execute the analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements related to steady state and transient performance and starting analysis, controls integration and engine test
- Lead engine test programs for performance
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the CT7/T700 Programs
- Develop innovative approaches to analyze and evaluate transient and steady state performance issues using state of the art cycle analysis tools (Numerical Propulsion System Simulation, NPSS)
- Interface with and lead analysis in support of Controls, Design, Test and Systems engineering
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Understanding of thermodynamics, compressor, combustor and turbine aerodynamics, compressible flow
- Understanding of airflow, temperature, and pressure measurement systems
- Knowledge of gas turbine cycle modeling tools and methodology
- Knowledge of gas turbine steady state, transient, and starting analysis methods and tools
- Knowledge of gas turbine control methodology
- To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-cont
- Full time
Posted 31 Aug 2021
Closes 30 Sep 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager