Senior Finance Manager - Group Technical Accounting
- easyJet - 26 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by -
- Maintaining significant liquidity of 2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than 5.5 billion during the pandemic
- Our schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the SFM Group Technical Accountant is an integral member of the Core Finance Management team. The Group Financial Control team is responsible for ensuring accuracy of all internal and external reporting.
This role exists to ensure easyJet complies with all technical accounting and reporting requirements, including ensuring that:
- easyJet's accounting and external financial reporting are technically compliant, accurate and of a reasonable standard compared with peer group (FTSE 100).
- easyJet Board and senior management have appropriate understanding of the technical accounting environment relevant to the business.
- accounting considerations of key changes/projects are fully considered.
- Manage the co-ordination and implementation of new accounting standards, including detailed understanding of the standard, impact analysis on easyJet, the implementation process, disclosure preparation and communication with Board and Senior Management.
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit Committee and senior management on technical matters.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Lead the asset impairment review process and annual review of residual values and useful economic lives
- Be the first point of contact for accounting technical questions from across the business
- Assist in the preparation of technical areas of the Annual Report (e.g. change in accounting policies) and review the whole Annual Report for technical compliance, best practice disclosure and accuracy.
- Review easyJet's other statutory financial statements for compliance with local GAAP and legal regulations.
- Oversee production and maintenance of the group accounting manual, taking responsibility for drafting of complex areas.
- Keep up to date with technical advancements and assess the impact on easyJet.
- Work alongside third party providers to arrange quarterly technical briefings to develop the wider finance team's technical skills.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Financial Control team to ensure successful delivery of the teams objectives.
- Build constructive relationships both internally, specifically to include tax and treasury, and externally, with easyJet's external auditors and other accountancy firms.
- Full time
Posted 22 Jul 2021
Closes 21 Aug 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance