Finance Manager - Cost Programme
- easyJet - 26 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
FINANCE MANAGER - COST PROGRAMME
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by -
- Maintaining significant liquidity of 2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than 5.5 billion during the pandemic
- Our schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus.
As a key member of the operations finance team, our finance managers provide complete financial ownership and delivery of financial planning, reporting and analysis for your given business area which will be Cost programme.
Each role in our Finance Manager community also has specific accountability and line management of 1+ direct report(s) supporting the ongoing activities in each area.
- You'll be the end to end finance contact for your relevant business area, providing complete financial management and ownership
- The role provides full business partnering between the business owners and the financial performance of easyJet. This includes month end deliverables, strategic and annual planning, forecasts, projects and providing insightful analysis for the business
- The role provides both current (actuals) and future performance analysis and gives guidance on forecasts, budgets and 5yr plans
- The role works collaboratively with relevant business areas to drive and monitor the cost saving initiatives supporting the overall strategic plan, identifying key threats, opportunities and remedial action
You'll provide a true Business Partner framework, ensuring that the business owners are always supported with the right insight and information. Business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team, operations & commercial teams to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Business performance and analytical support:
- Ownership for monthly detailed analysis and insight into the costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Responsibility for accurate weekly P&L and cash forecasting into consolidated model
- Supporting creation of budget pack detailing variances and strategy by country for presentation to senior management and for procurement
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as lead decision support finance manager for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
Financial accounting & control:
- Has responsibility for all control, accounting and reporting activities for given area of responsibility
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the group and entity balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives
People leadership, relationships and influence
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships
- Providing Management as part of the operations finance team
- Managing direct reports and responsibility for their development, retention and talent
- Full time
Posted 20 Jul 2021
Closes 19 Aug 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance