Legal Advisor - Airline IT and Outsourcing
- easyJet - 38 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
Title: Legal Advisor
Location: London Luton Airport
Opening Date: 27th November 2019
Closeing Date: Friday 27th December 2019
- Drafting and negotiating technology related agreements with Airports directly, as well as with suppliers that provide goods/services within them and to / on aircraft.
- Working with the central and IT procurement teams to draft, review, negotiate and finalise IT service contracts and software licences, data agreements (including the processing of special categories of data) and outsourcing arrangements across a range of business areas, as well as providing ad hoc legal advice on day to day issues arising from such matters (including contract clause interpretation and disputes).
- Delivering prompt legal support and strategic advice to business units, including in relation to: contracts, business change projects, large outsourcing arrangements, telecommunication and airport infrastructure and IT related projects; providing end-to-end assistance on RFPs which may result in the selection and appointment of new suppliers, conducting supplier and project due diligence and reviewing, advising on and negotiating supplier terms and conditions and where appropriate determining their fitness for purpose.
- Being a trusted, "go to", subject matter expert for legal matters on IT, Technology and Outsourcing matters. Promptly identify risks and issues that need to be escalated within the Company.
- Deal with a large volume of work within tight and often competing deadlines and independently manage priorities across multiple complex contracting/outsourcing projects, in a fast paced and changing environment in a highly competitive industry.
- Being the business lead on and responsible for own work streams and project managing where required.
- Advising and managing IT Sourcing, Contract Managers and Service Owners on negotiating and concluding contracts.
- Supporting other areas of the business when needed including in respect of airports and ground handling, operations and fleet, HR, commercial and marketing ad hoc agreements that may have a technology aspect, ranging from advising, drafting, negotiating to fact finding within the business and legal research.
- Supporting the Group Head of Legal and Compliance on specific compliance projects and supporting the Senior Legal Leadership Team with team continuous improvement initiatives, including building and maintaining precedents, playbooks and ways of working
- Managing external counsel when instructing them and being responsible for and staying within budget.
- Keep ahead of legal and industry developments and trends, and creating and deliver training on legal matters and policies to the legal team and across the business.
- Employ a proactive approach in upholding the Group's values, governance and policies and drive efficiency.
- Periodic travel required.
- Full time
Posted 4 Dec 2019
Closes 3 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Airline IT