Business Analyst - Digital Channels
- easyJet - 36 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 320 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the eighth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
Be the key liaison point between the business and IT by developing credible domain knowledge and stakeholder relationships. Expose the true needs of the business and the capability gaps in meeting them by giving stakeholders something to point at, making the invisible visible and removing ambiguity. Define, manage and communicate requirements accurately and support viable solution design and delivery. Always ensure solutions meet their anticipated business benefits.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Ensure requests for change outline the true business need and convey who is potentially affected in terms of people, process and technology
- Engage and develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders potentially affected
- Plan and agree your business analysis approach with project stakeholders
- Conduct structured analysis to elicit, model and define the capability gap using known techniques (context, business process, data flow and/or use case modelling)
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and define all requirement types using appropriate techniques
- Produce product backlogs using user stories as required for agile delivery
- Engage in improving agile ways of working
- Assist in the creation and running of a BA community within easyJet, leading by example
- Ensure requirements traceability with clear linkage to business need
- Ensure technical delivery teams understand the business need and requirements, including their priority
- Ensure service design and transition understand the levels of service required for the solution
- Support the identification and evaluation of potential solution options which may involve the facilitation and definition of a request for information (RFI) or request for proposal (RFP).
- Support solution scoping, design, configuration and build phases
- Support the definition of test strategies and plans
- Support all phases of testing with a view to potentially managing UAT
- Ensure business stakeholders are satisfied that the solution meets their business needs
- Support service design and transition in transitioning the solution into operational service
- Support business readiness for change
- Consistently share BA experiences and knowledge with wider BA teams
- Assist the Business Analysis community in enhancing the quality of BA deliverables
- Assist the wider IT community in enhancing the quality of IT products and services.
- Full time
Posted 4 Dec 2019
Closes 3 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Airline IT