Sub-Section Manager - Military Hot-Section Mechanical Design
- GE Aviation - 358 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. You and your team will be responsible for a variety of customer- and company-funded business-critical tasks, from on-time and on-cost delivery to field sustainment; and services profitability to NPI across the large-military product line.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- This work would include mechanical design and hot-section module integration for the F110 / F101 / F118 family of products, along with the J85 and TF34 engines - all products
- Grow and develop a dynamic, diverse team of engineering talent that provides world-class support to the USAF and a growing installed based of foreign-military customers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering design and integration activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- A passion for operational excellence driven by lean and digital approaches
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
Join the Large Military Engineering team, the group trusted with providing world-class support to a rapidly growing fleet of F110 engines both within the USAF and foreign military inventories, while sustaining and improving multiple other USAF propulsions systems that power the B-1, B-2, U-2, A-10 and T-38 aircraft. Our team supports our customers and our business with services and new-product introduction technology-development, component design and system-integration engineering efforts.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 4 Dec 2019
Closes 2 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic