Lead Engineer - Life Management
- GE Aviation - 358 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The military Life Management Engineer will perform analysis required to establish safe operating life limits for the engine's most critical rotating and static parts across the GE Aviation engine product lines. You will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Analysis of engine flight data / operating conditions to define necessary mission profiles appropriate for critical part lifing
- Low cycle fatigue (LCF), fracture mechanics, and probabilistic lifing analysis of critical parts
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Strong leadership and execution skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 4 Dec 2019
Closes 2 Jan 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager