Lead Manufacturing Training Specialist
- GE Aviation - 358 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
The Lead Manufacturing Training Specialist wns and drives training for the Asheville CMC plant. This individual will play a key role in setting up and implementing the training strategy for the shop.
As the Lead Manufacturing Training Specialist, you will:
- Deliver training solutions to CMC Technicians, coordinating programs to meet evolving needs
- Collaborate with Master Trainer and Area Trainers to develop training plans to certify Technicians as qualified for production operations and guides
- Develop robust curriculum for salary employees to include technical skills, compliance, teaming, and leadership
- Work with plant leadership staff to identify needs based on business priorities
- Collaborate with leadership and HR on new hire training for all employees
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers and Process Engineers to adapt training to incorporate process improvements
- Lead and participate on Learning Teams to find root causes to technical problems.
- Create and cultivate relationships with external vendors to fulfill training needs (internal technicians and / or consultants)
- Responsible for leveraging digital tools to maintain an accurate and auditable training-record system
- Communicate closely with HR and site Quality to ensure that training programs are compliant
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing (Operations, Engineering, Quality, or EHS)
- Leadership - ability to provide direction and assistance; shares knowledge and is well respected by team members
- Learning Skills - ability to learn and grasp new information and concepts quickly and accurately
- Communication - ability to clearly communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills with small and large groups
- Time Management and Flexibility - ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Change Management - solicit and seek feedback to improve current processes
- Experience leading a training program
- Experience with Gensuite and Support Central
- Be a proactive problem solver and analytical thinker
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;North Carolina;Asheville;
- Full time
Posted 29 Nov 2019
Closes 28 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Flight training