Lynn CNC Machinist Training Program
- GE Aviation - 358 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
The position is a full-time position on-site within the CNC training school. Through the CNC training school an employee will be taught to set up and operate one type CNC machines. The internal program is 4 months in length. Once an employee successfully completes the training school a skilled machinist position will be offered. The position will be a combination of traditional classroom learning and on the job training.
You will work closely with the training instructor to:
• Learn set-up and operation of CNC mills and / or lathes
• Work with materials involved including castings, forgings, bar stock, and sheet metal
• Perform set-ups including changing chuck jaws, tool holders, fixtures, boring bars, drills, reamers, setting tools
• Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines involving one-piece flow, standard work, 6S, set-up reduction and wet process lines
• Maintain high housekeeping standards to ensure safe and efficient work areas, including cleaning chips from around machine and keeping coolant / machine fluids off shop floor and maintaining organization of work area to established standards
High School Diploma / GED
•Graduate of a Vocational High School (Or graduate of other equivalent advanced manufacturing/machining program) OR
•Minimum of 6 months of machining experience with Lathes and / or Mills, Punch Press, Bench or Spot Weld Machines and EDM Machines
•Demonstrated experience or successful completion of classes in geometric tolerancing
•Demonstrated work experience in reading and interpreting blueprints
•Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
•This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 29 Nov 2019
Closes 28 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Flight training