Lead Engineer - Controls Engineering
- GE Aviation - 358 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Lead Engineer will develop and test next gen fuel and thermal management systems. Focus will be planning and executing component and rig testing, and integrating new architectures into the engine control system. The Lead Engineer will work together with technology maturation teams and guide application to advanced engines. Key outcomes include on-time execution for product acceptance and demonstration of results to support differentiated new product offerings.
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the role of Lead Engineer, you will utilize your experience or expertise to troubleshoot and solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In this role, the Lead Engineer will be the Advanced Control Systems Next Generation Fuel and Thermal Systems Test Engineer. The Lead Engineer will collaborate with Mechanical, Thermal, and Systems engineers, as well as with Joint Venture partners to define and test novel fuel and thermal management systems and apply those learnings in engine control system models and implementations. The Lead Engineer will evaluate test results and communicate risks with the objective of developing a demonstratable and certifyable fuel and thermal management system under commercial regulations. The Lead Engineer will mentor less experienced engineers and provide direction and assistance to the team in order to innovate on new technologies within timeline constraints for assigned objectives. The Lead Engineer will also look across next generation commercial and military programs to participate in the development and maintenance of GE technology roadmaps.
In addition, as the Advanced Control Systems Next Generation Fuel and Thermal Systems Test Engineer, you will:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Masters Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 1 year of direct experience in an engineering position
- Bachelor Degree of Science from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of direct experience in an engineering position
- 3 years experience with control and fuel systems integration (Including experience with computer-based static and dynamic fuel system models)
- Experience with component, rig, and engine test environments
- Experience with requirements documentation and analysis
- Experience with control system FMEA, redundancy requirements, and electrical integration
- Experience with technology maturation for TRL
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
- Full time
Posted 29 Nov 2019
Closes 28 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager