Procurement Manager - 12 month FTC
- easyJet - 36 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 96 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
The Procurement Team manage a significant proportion of the total easyJet external spend and revenue which in FY20 will amount to over £1Billion per annum, covering Customer, Operations including Ground Handling, Commercial, Business, Corporate, Finance, People and IT functions. The Lead Procurement Manager reports to the Senior Manager - Procurement, Commercial, Marketing, Corporate
- The Lead Procurement Manager is allocated a portfolio of spend to which he/she produces and delivers a Procurement Category Plan
- In order to deliver the Procurement Category Plan, the Lead Procurement Manager will be required to complete spend and market analysis, stakeholder and supplier engagement plans, lead full tender processes including template drafting both for existing contracts and new requirements, and manage supplier relationships to ensure that easyJet receive best value from its expenditure
- Promote great SRM and take an active role in SRM for the strategic suppliers in their category
- Formulating the Category Strategy and Plan for their given category of spend and aligning this with easyJet's strategy and priorities
- Business partnering with their category Director's and senior stakeholders, manage senior supplier relationships, analyse and interpret easyJet's supplier spend behaviour and develop appropriate tender and contract processes and instil best in class procurement processes within the team
- Is passionate about the easyJet mission to make travel 'easy and affordable' and translates Procurement initiatives to support this
- Develop and implement clear short / mid / long term strategies to drive value on the allocated category of spend
- Be a great business partner and critical friend to the allocated AMB members
- Actively seek opportunities to drive value and cost savings from easyJet's supply chain
- Influence a range of key internal stakeholders to support and buy in to chosen strategy
- Build relationships at board level with suppliers to leverage easyJet's strategic importance, and subsequently negotiate charges that secure competitive advantage.
- Identify appropriate sourcing, through a balanced scorecard approach, to best meet easyJet's requirements.
- Manage the tender process, negotiation and subsequent contracting for service/product provision.
- Provide oversight to the x functional team on tender processes, negotiations and subsequent contracting for service/product provisions.
- Drive continuous improvement within the supply base, and deliver a pipeline of value engineering projects to reduce easyJet spend.
- Monitor actual financial performance against plan, and investigate / explain variances appropriately
- Work closely with the Business Area to agree clear service specifications to meet business requirements.
- Support supplier relationship management policies to ensure consistent practises and develop supplier relationships.
- Leverages knowledge of revenue model sand supplier capability to identify new and improved revenue
- Full time
Posted 26 Nov 2019
Closes 26 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Airline buyer