Flight SIM Engineer - Stansted (STN)
- Ryanair - 76 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ryanair/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/dcb21470-b150-4f7f-aae6-3f8f70584a37131197229877749286.png
Stansted, Essex, England
Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Flight SIM Engineer to join our team.
Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe's largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 153 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 86 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737's on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of over 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe's No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 34-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe's greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO\u2082 emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody to progress their career and gain experience in Europe's leading airline. Our Simulators are in use over 20 hours per day. We currently employ over 4,000 pilots and the SIM's are used for both initial and recurrent training. As a SIM engineer you will maintain various training equipment and associated Flight Training Devices and carry our preventative and corrective action on our SIM's to ensure minimal disruption to our pilot training schedule.
The successful candidates will be based at Stansted Airport and will have to perform the following duties:
- Perform daily readiness checks to ensure FSTD is ready for daily operation.
- Maintain Flight Simulator Equipment to EASA FSTD-A Level 'D' Standard.
- Maintain the Quality System in accordance with EASA Requirements.
- Review and implement aircraft and vendor service bulletins.
- Install and verify aircraft loadable software.
- Liaise with aircrew at the technical level on aircraft systems to resolve defects.
- Liaise with technical inspectors at initial and recurrent qualifications.
- Liaise with FSTD vendors to rectify defects requiring vendor support.
- Run and check the scheduled Quality Test Guide (QTG) Tests.
- Design and embody modifications on the simulators to maintain compatibility with Ryanair fleet using hardware and software engineering skills.
- Conduct technical defect clearance with nominated flight crew.
- Conduct a subjective evaluation session of FSTD performance with flight crew.
- Conduct a subjective evaluation session of a visual database with flight crew.
- Maintain compliance with the UK Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Complete any other tasks that are reasonably required to carry out the daily operation of a Flight Simulator Training Centre
- Recognized Apprenticeship or Adult Training in electronic and avionic engineering
- A background in aviation/flight simulation.
- Specializing in Digital Flight Simulation, Complex Data Networking and Process Control using Distributed Micro processing.
- At least five years' experience in military and/or civilian Flight Simulation for the experienced positions.
If you meet the above criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting organization, then we want to hear from you!
- Full time
- Boeing 737-100 / 0200
Posted 26 Nov 2019
Closes 26 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Flight engineer