Lead Lean Manufacturing Specialist
- GE Aviation - 367 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
To provide an effective and efficient Lean Implementation and coaching platform to GE Aviation Wales which enables individuals and teams to gain the skills, knowledge and capability they need to succeed in their roles and accelerate business performance metric improvement.
- To support the implementation of the GEAPS (GE aviation Performance System) within the Lean Team
- To work in partnership with the Lean Leader to design and deliver development of Lean Principles. (including 5's, Standard work, TPM, SMED, VSM, Problem solving, Policy deployment)
- To support the Lean Team to ensure that all business functions receive the learning and development needed to fulfil their roles successfully
- To implement the systematic training cycle and blended learning to deliver development solutions to increase business/people performance toward achieving
- Tool Champion and core Lean application Knowledge
- To drive Lean application and focus toward impacting business metrics and continuous improvement.
- To support the GE Aviation Wales X matrix deployment and implementation.
- To proactively support GE's leaders and individuals in identifying development needs for Lean.
- To design and deliver a TPM implementation and coaching program to drive Increased Uptime and definitive Production controls for early indication and preventative maintenance.
- To design and deliver a 5's implementation and coaching program to drive definitive Production controls for increased flow , visual management and reduced risk assessment EHS principles
- To provide support, guidance and coaching to key stakeholders on our departments' activities and the above
- To support the Lean team in the implementation of the OMR - Operations management review process to increase Lean platform stability.
- ToBuild credible, effective and professional relationships with other colleagues/departments
- To Keep own knowledge and skills updated on latest industry developments and standards, Training and Competence and business requirement
- To perform any other relevant duties as required by Lean Leader
- Demonstrated application and implementation of change management Lean Principles
Strong Mechanical / Electrical engineering background with operations/ project management experience.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate
- Significant production/ Operations management experience - Leading teams
baseline\"> color:#121212; Apply>Applications from job seekers who
require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered
alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be
appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA
candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely,
in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
baseline;font-variant-ligatures: normal;font-variant-caps: normal;orphans: 2;
Apply: 2;-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;text-decoration-style: initial;
text-decoration-color: initial; Apply> Apply>
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be
maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance
cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of
employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the
link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Experience of working within the aviation industry
- Experience of Lean implementation across multiple site business environment
- Demonstrated history of facilitation and Lean application across executive and Production associates
- Demonstrated application and implementation of change management
- Lean Principles
Demonstrated experience of TPM controls and implementation
- Demonstrated experience of SMED controls and implementation
- Strong Mechanical / Electrical engineering background with operations/ project management experience.
- External Focus
- Clear Thinker
- Imagination and Courage
- Strong Lean thinker and belief in application of
- Full time
Posted 14 Nov 2019
Closes 13 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager