First Officer (Dubai Assessment Centre)
- flydubai - 9 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/flydubai/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/0f54fd68-deef-46fd-94aa-6daf73d11675130597717898226000.png
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The First officer acts as second in command of the aircraft supporting the Captain of the aircraft during all normal and abnormal situations so that safety is maintained at the highest possible level. The First officer will also set, maintain, demonstrate high standards in all aspects of their position and act as the brand ambassador for flydubai, so that the corporate image is upheld at all times.
• Maintain the safe day to day operation of the aircraft as the second in command.
• Set an example to be followed by all flydubai crew to preserve the corporate image of flydubai.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by all members of crew.
• Notify the company or GCAA of any breaches in SOP or safety through the appropriate reporting medium so that lessons can be learnt by the company to enhance flight safety.
• Ensure he/she is fit to fly at all times and notify the company if not.
• Operate the aircraft according to the approved policies and procedures as determined by flydubai and the GCAA.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Hold an ICAO ATPL certificate with a valid type rating
• Hold a 1st Class Medical certificate from ICAO
• Hold English to ICAO level 4 or above
• Eligible for a UAE residency visa
• Demonstrate excellent problem solving, CRM and team working skills
• Demonstrate command potential
• Must have good knowledge of ATPL subjects
• Ability to perform to a high standard when under stress
• Must have flown desired aircraft within the last 24 months
Type rated pilots must meet the below requirements
• B737-300 to 900 (NG/EFIS) endorsed within the last 24 months
• At least 1,500 hours total flying time
• At least 500 hours on B737-300 to 900 (NG/EFIS) type aircraft
Non Type rated pilots must meet the below requirements
• At least 2,500 hours total flying time
• At least 1,000 hours on modern (EFIS), multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft over 10 tonnes operating weight (preference will be given to those with PIC time
Education and Experience
• University degree is preferable
• High school diploma is essential
• International aviation experience is preferable
While performing the duties of this job, the First Officer will be operating in the cockpit environment for extended periods of time. They are required to have an airside pass and it is a requirement to have a good knowledge of the hazards the airside environment presents. He/she will also be operating the aircraft in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius and as high as 50 degree Celsius and will be required to fly at anytime during a 24 hour period subject to GCAA flight time limitations. There are multiple hazards when operating aircraft and the employee will be required to take all steps necessary to mitigate those hazards as far as possible. The employee may be required to operate in environments and countries designated at war zones
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to .
flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details
in order to process documents. flydubai will also never refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai will only come from an email
address ending in Apply and job opportunities with flydubai are advertised on
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are
expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at Apply and include the subject line “Recruitment Fraud” to confirm the authenticity of the message.
- Full time
- Boeing 737-100 / 0200
- JAA/EASA CPL/ ATPL(F)
Posted 12 Nov 2019
Closes 10 Apr 2020
This job was posted to: First officer
Recommended, similar jobs
Stansted, Essex, England