Combustion Lead Engineer - Aero Dynamics
- GE Aviation - 292 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
The primary responsibility for this Advanced Lead Engineer role will be in the combustion aerodynamic discipline. This role will touch all Engine programs at the Lynn facility, both legacy and NPI. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from early layout to design, production, test, and fleet support. You will be joining a small team and have the opportunity to wear many different hats.
- Execute the design, analysis, and/or testing of combustion hardware; owning combustion modelling from efficiency and fuel operability standpoint
- Provide technical leadership to personnel on combustion related queries
- Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components
- Develop action plans to address technical challenges
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives
- Recommend creative executable solutions
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Engineering)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an Engineering position
- Strong oral and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Some level of experience and knowledge of emissions
- Hardware production experience and the ability to be involved in making assessments and understand the mechanical piece.
- Some knowledge of CFD to be able to analyze and solve problems
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 8 Nov 2019
Closes 7 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager