Field Service Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Shenzhen Baoan International Airport, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The Field Service Engineer will provide leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, user, and other GE field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines. Interface with all levels of customer and Company organizations. Provide on-site assessment of activities to anticipate problems, trends, and customer climate change. Provide complete reporting of the engine programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate.
- - Serve as an expert in proper operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting multiple types of commercial aircraft engines and ground support equipment, as well lead the EIS progress for customer, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions.
- - Provide senior counsel regarding decisions affecting time on wing, engine removals, and overall fleet management.
- - Develop, coach, and mentor assigned Field Service Engineers in product knowledge, problem solving, and customer relationship management.
- - Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- - Provide communication to the business regarding all engine involved activities/problems through complete, accurate, and timely reports. Reporting also includes significant marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for both engines and support.
- - Assist the customer in scheduling maintenance and workload to ensure assets are available to meet schedules.
- - Review, analyze, report, and make recommendations regarding reported engine malfunctions to ensure a continuous reduction of disruptions for customers.
- - Analyze and make recommendations regarding required maintenance to ensure alignment with customer requirements.
- - Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs.
- - Maintain awareness of program and project changes.
- - Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (with at least 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position).
- - At least 5 additional years of experience with operations and maintenance of GE products.
- - Fleet management, Diagnostics and process improvement experience.
- - Willingness and ability to travel.
- - Bachelor of science in engineering is preferred.
- - Working proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin.
- - Airframe & power plant license preferred.
- - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- - Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- - Demonstrated proficiency in repair, trouble shooting, shop operations, and testing of assigned programs / hardware.
- - Ability to make formal presentations to all audiences.
- - Know and interact with key GE stakeholders and functions.
- - Able to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management.
- - Proficiency on more than one GE product.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
- Full time
Posted 7 Nov 2019
Closes 6 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Flight simulation