- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
The successful candidate will work within the GE Aviation Wales Engineering team in a Support Engineer capacity. The role is office based but requires a large percentage of time to be spent on the shop floor working with maintenance technicians. The scope of activities ranges broadly from providing day-to-day technical support to maintenance technicians to working long term Engineering projects as either part of a team or in an individual capacity.
- The role will provide exposure to hardware from GE90, GP7000, CFM56 and RB211 product lines. The candidate will need to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver results.
- This position will require a high level of cross-functional team working with departments outside of Engineering such as operations, planning, quality, sourcing and EH&S. Subject to business needs, this role may require shift working.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to shop floor maintenance technicians
- Compilation of technical documentation to support Engine and component maintenance
- Compilation of local policies to meet regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures within the Engineering team.
- Vetting of Engine manuals and other OEM and customer published data
- Engaging in Engineering project work to reduce maintenance costs and improve Engine/component TAT using lean principles.
- Implement digitization of engineering processes
- MEng, BEng, MSc or BSc in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 18 months relevant experience in an appropriate engineering role;
- internship/trainee time is applicable
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Ability to compile concise and accurate engineering documentation.
- Ability to effectively interpret OEM technical publications such as engine manuals and Service Bulletins.
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate several projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to influence others.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Rece
- Full time
Posted 6 Nov 2019
Closes 5 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Product support