Lead Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes. Own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans where needed. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development
- Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
- SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
- Balances both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
- Works together with high level people from the business at senior levels
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
- Provides technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures within their own field
- Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 1 Nov 2019
Closes 1 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control