Senior Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Known internally as a Lead Embedded Software Engineer, this a great long-term career opportunity to be joining our Power Systems Business at a time of growth. We have increased demand for embedded software engineering activity on a new sustainment project and you can be part of it.
In this role you will utilise your experience and expertise to design and develop real-time embedded software, demonstrate independence and sound technical judgment to identify problems and formulate solutions. Working as part of a supportive and friendly team, you'll also help to mentor the engineers of the future.
Responsibilities will include;
- Execute the requirements, design, implementation and verification of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / programme requirements
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to more junior personnel supporting the assigned project
- Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Significant commercial experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software
- Hands on experience of working a software lifecycle in a high reliability or safety industry, preferably using a V-lifecycle.
- Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Experience of C and / or Assembly code
- Experience of target hardware eg. C167, C269, PowerPC, Coldfire, PIC Microcontroller, TMS320
- Good communication skills to team, peers, and management
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for software engineering.
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C (Level A or B) or similar rigorous development standard
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones.
- Good problem solving and solution building skills
- Ability to mentor junior software engineers
- Familiar working in an Agile environment e.g. Scrum
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source
- Full time
Posted 31 Oct 2019
Closes 30 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Software engineer