Senior Systems Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Known internally Advanced Lead Systems Engineer this a great opportunity to join our Power Business at a time of growth. Our vision is for someone to join us, learn our projects & grow the role to a point where they have technical oversight over multiple projects. If you are experienced in solving systems engineering problems are able to demonstrate the softer skills to empower and motivate your peers & would like to develop and grow in responsibility this could be the role for you.
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the customer's system requirements
- Update power distribution systems architectures in co-operation with aircraft manufacturers
- Creating and updating system designs for implementation in electronic hardware and software
- Creating, updating and performing systems tests
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Coaching, mentoring and training team members
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, SAE ARP4754A or similar rigorous development standard
- Contribute to the business' systems engineering technical strategy
- Previous experience in an aviation, automotive or similar embedded systems development environment.
- Experience of the systems design lifecycle
- Experience of requirements gathering and validation from a customer
- Knowledge of creating and performing systems tests.
- An understanding of software and / or hardware engineering.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Good problem solving and solution building skills.
- An appropriate degree or HND in Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Physics or similar subject, or equivalent experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
- An understanding of embedded software.
- Knowledge of creating power distribution system designs, for implementation in hardware and software.
- A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for systems engineering.
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones.
- Demonstrable leadership in regards to technical issue
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blo
- Full time
Posted 31 Oct 2019
Closes 30 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Product support