Internship Business Intelligence Airlines Sales
- Lufthansa - 61 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Lufthansa German Airlines is looking for motivated, qualified and proactive student (m/f/diverse) to support our team.
Are you curious, dynamic and eager for new challenges by interning for a multinational corporation and a global leader in aviation? Do you want to play an active role in a department that drives Business Intelligence for Lufthansa Airline Sales? Our data driven Business Intelligence team designs and is responsible for the Lufthansa Group Airlines Sales reporting. Your role focuses on project support for ongoing and new BI projects and day-to-day team support. Willingness to learn and digital affinity is a must.
As part of the global, central BI Sales unit, you will coordinate and communicate with our global Sales organization that comprises of colleagues globally from the Lufthansa Group Airlines (Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss and SN Brussels). During your internship, you will become part of our team based in Frankfurt at our world headquarters and get an insight to the strategic and operational Airline Sales reporting functions. You will gain practical knowledge on how new business intelligence tools and processes are applied within a sales organization in order to drive decision-making. Knowledge of Tableau and Microsoft SharePoint is a plus.
- Support in the introduction of new analytical tools (Tableau) for the Lufthansa Group Sales organization as well as development of data evaluations and visualizations
- Research and preparation of information on major commercial developments in the airline industry
- Gain insight and support for the preparation of short-term ad hoc analyses and their interpretation on a wide range of issues, taking advantage of all available data sources, tools and methods
- Participation and independent project support in Sales with a focus on analytics and business intelligence topics
- Support the maintance and development of Microsoft Teams and SharePoints for the BI community in order to help foster team collaboration and communication
- Support in meeting and workshop planning and execution
- At the time of the internship at least in the 3rd semester of a course of study in economics, (economic) informatics, aviation management or IT
- Enrolled during the whole period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between Bachelor and Master studies (Gap-Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here:
- Analytical skills, basic understanding in statistical methods, good understanding of numbers and interest in solving complex issues at the interface between department and IT
- Working knowledge of MS O365 Office MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of database and/or experience with Tableau analytics software is an advantage
- Good communication skills and working knowledge of both German and English
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2018, it generated revenue of EUR 35.8bn and employed an average of 134,440 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-Point Airlines, Aviation Services (comprising the segments Logistics, MRO and Catering), and Additional Businesses and Group Functions.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0198V2300
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 30 Oct 2019
Closes 29 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airline sales