Lead Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Loves Park, Illinois, United States
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for driving quality for assigned suppliers to improve on-time delivery.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer, you will:
- Select suppliers through qualification processes and own supplier results
- Drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards
- Own supplier audits, ensure compliance, and drive improvement plans
- Manage supplier quality assurance and supplier quality development
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Participate in cross-functional projects and present outcomes to business leaders around cost-out opportunities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering
- Previous Supplier Quality Experience
- Prior Aerospace or Automotive industry experience
- Previous experience working with AS9100
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on problem solving and driving solutions
- Highly-motivated, passionate and exceptional communication skills
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Illinois;Loves Park;
- Full time
Posted 29 Oct 2019
Closes 28 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control